Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why all the blood drinking Mr Book?

What is the purpose of this mystical blog, you ask? The reasons are plentiful and astounding. Let me elaborate...

I've grown up around computers - my first one was a present from my Dad for the Christmas of 1988 - I was 5 years old and it was a Commodore 64. He was more excited about it than I was at first, but once I realised the mathematical joy of Bentley Bear's Shopping Adventures I was well on my way to becoming a future computer literate "good citizen". So, basically, I know computers - but I don't know everything about the internet yet. And that is why I'm committing to my new mistress Learning 2.0 - to become Master of teh Intarwebz. I've already learned one new thing - Google blog search. Could be very good for getting the eluslive unfiltered client feedback we so crave!

Lifelong learning - it rocks. I'm even thinking about joining a night course at Sydney Uni soon. It must be in the blood, my grandfather is an avid member of the University of the 3rd Age. At first I thought it was some kind of new age religious cult - but was pleasantly surprised when I looked it up. :)

I'm a fan of blogs that basically act as a collection of random links, such as Boing Boing. I'm also a fan of photoblogs that collect random images from the internet in one place. I guess you could say I'm a fan of random. The trick is finding a blog maker who thinks along the same lines as you.

The State Library of NSW is already quite adept at blogging so I think the benifits are already clear! Great for internal information distribution and open forum style commenting. Public blogging is a great way to get your new info out there and make new items or discoveries more searchable through Google etc. Also, as mentioned before - Blog searching would be a great way of getting honest client feedback, a near impossible task most of the time!

That's all for now. Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy this course. You might like to set up Google alerts for some of the topics you are interested in. You can easily tract client feedback this way.

    It will be interesting reading your thoughts on the questions each week.

    Great blog name - there are some great images triggered by this.

    Ellen (PLS)

    ReplyDelete