Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mr Book looks at photos on the internet

I must say that, although I originally tried to deny that Flickr was the best photo sharing community on the web, it really cannot be denied for long. It looks good, is easy to use and best of all isn't trying to advertise a service for profit! This is a good thing in my opinion. Photobucket is a close second although not as fun or good looking.

State Library of NSW material on Flickr is plentiful! A fair bit of Bondi Jitterbug stuff popping up. Some random photos of the library externally and internally from other users, and some mash-ups. Had a look at the SLNSW mash-ups page - I'm not a massive fan of the work being done there but I like the idea. The handbags are alright! My favourite online mash-up pool is Repicture Australia.

I really love Picture Australia - think it's fantastic! I have another job at a museum where we upload a lot to Picture Australia. A great way for government institutions to get images out there.

Creative Commons is a great idea. It embraces the digital age without forgetting about personal rights. I had heard some about it from Cory Doctorow's posts on Boing Boing before but didn't realise you could check the terms by clicking the link before! That is very handy.

Ok, have run out of time (again) so will have to leave it at that. Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment